Welcome to Vusar! Our immersive design tool allows you and your team to intelligently interact with your product designs, allowing you to easily visualize your 3D models, collaborate with your teams, and share with your customers. Before you get started, be sure you have the latest version of the Vusar app, which you can download here from the Google Play Store. Also confirm that your device supports Google’s ARCore, which you can check here.
Creating a Team and inviting users:
You can start a team on the Vusar dashboard by navigating to the Team Management tab and giving your team a name. After doing so, you can press on the add teammate button which will then prompt you to provide your team’s names and emails. Your colleagues will then receive an email inviting them to join the team.
On mobile, you can start a team by pressing the menu button to open the main menu and then by pressing the settings button on the menu's top right corner. Then select the Team section, enter your team name and proceed with entering your colleague's information.
Scanning for a plane:
A plane is a flat horizontal or vertical surface such as wall, floor or table. When using the app you will be prompted to slowly hover your device over a flat surface to detect a plane. Once detected, a grid will appear on that surface, allowing you to get started with placing objects and interacting with your designs.
The library is where all of your team’s 3D assets and product designs can be accessed. There are four types of libraries:
- Personal Library: A collection of your uploaded files
- Team Library: A collection of you and your team’s files
- Shared with Me: A collection of files that other users have shared with you
- Public Library: A collection of objects from Vusar that you can interact with
These libraries can be accessed on the web by logging on to your user dashboard or on the app by pressing the menu button upon opening the app.
Objects can be uploaded to your library by dragging and dropping a supported file onto the upload screen or by clicking the upload button to use your file picker. Please click here for a list of supported file types.
You can upload objects to your library by clicking on the add object button in the main menu of the app and selecting a supported file from your phone’s file browser.
Adding objects to a plane:
After a plane has been detected, you can add objects to it by pressing on the app’s menu button and choosing which object(s) you want to add. By default, the object placement is done automatically and will appear on the plane once it has been loaded.
Once an object has been added to your space, the top left corner will show your distance from the object and the top right corner will show what scale the object is set to. By pressing on the distance value, you can change the measurement system used while pressing on the scale value will allow you to scale your object to a 1:1 ratio.
Interacting with objects:
There are a lot of ways to interact with the objects that you upload to Vusar. Here are the gestures that will allow you to maximize the interactive experience with your designs:
- Moving objects:
- Place a finger on the object and then move your finger to drag the object to its desired spot.
- Rotating objects:
- Place two fingers (preferably your thumb and index finger) on the object and perform a twisting motion with those fingers to turn the object around to its desired angle.
- Zooming in/out on objects:
- Place two fingers on the object and move your fingers out to zoom out, or move your fingers inward to zoom in.
Aside from the available gestures, there are also options that allow you to view additional information and alter the appearance of your objects. By double tapping on an object, you will toggle an options sidebar enabling to do the following:
- View an object’s information card:
- Pressing on the information button on the sidebar allows you to see a preview of your object. In addition to that you can do these actions:
- Delete the object
- Share the object
- View the object’s metadata
- View or add attachments or collateral
- Add the object to your space
- Change an object’s color and transparency:
- Pressing on the color button on the sidebar allows you to change the color and transparency of your object. You can choose from preset colors or customize your color by choosing from the color picker or entering a hex code.
- Change an object’s scale:
- Pressing on the scale button on the sidebar will toggle a slider bar that will change the scale of your object. After picking your desired scale you have to option to lock the scale.
- There is also a button to scale an object to a 1:1 ratio.
- Joystick controls:
- Pressing the joystick button on the sidebar toggles joystick controls. The left green joystick allows you to move the object on and rotate around a vertical axis while the right green joystick allows you to move the object on a horizontal axis.
- The blue joystick buttons on the side of the left and right joystick circles allow for horizontal and vertical rotations, respectively.
- Delete an object:
- Pressing the delete icon on the sidebar will delete the object from your space.
The app allows you to create and save scenes, which are a set of objects with their own saved size, position and rotation. This feature is useful for scenarios such as comparing designs, showing floor plans and sharing multiple layouts and configurations. To access your scenes, you can go to the Scenes tab in the main menu where you can then save a scene you just created by pressing the Save Scene button or select the scene you want to display from the list of scenes shown below.
To take a screenshot of your space, you can hold the menu button. After doing so, you will receive a confirmation that the screenshot has been saved.